Experience, Focus, network
You provide the content, we provide the experience and experts and do it right, the first time around!
Our translations are executed by highly specialized professionals who know their craft and who understand the many complex contexts in which texts usually have to function.
Tollund has over 20 years' experience as a specialized language provider for businesses and public agencies in Scandinavia active in English-speaking countries.
Unlike most other language service providers, we exclusively handle languages and industry segments where we have significant expertise—and this means that we have the capacity to check deliveries in-house before they are returned to you. If relevant, we will arrange to have translations certified for submission to courts or government agencies in the United States or the Nordic countries.
We represent the highest quality in the industry, on-time delivery, and absolutely competitive prices.
253 West 73rd Street
New York, NY 10023
70 Topsfield Road
Boxford, MA 01921
top-quality translations since 1996
We provide services across a number of lateral areas that span multiple industry segments.. We focus our service offerings (translation, interpretation, copywriting, and DTP) on:
- Annual reports
- Annual and interim financial statements
- Securities prospectuses
- Shareholder communications
- Compliance training
- Press releases
- Action plans
- Tender documentation
- Process documentation
- Manuals/user guides
- Websites and marketing collateral
- Training and e-learning materials
- Property leases
- Legal provisions
- Regulations and statutes
- Judgments, decisions, rulings
- Legal notices
- Procedural law and submissions
- Complaints and subpoenas
- Enforcement orders
- Letters of request
- Action plans
- Tender documentation
- Summaries of Product Characteristics (SPCs),
- Product Insert Leaflets (PILs),
- Lab reports
- Clinical studies
- Pharmacovigilance reporting
- Instructions for use
- Operation, installation, and maintenance specs
- MSDS and other data sheets
- RFQ and RFP proposals
- AutoCAD drawings
These are a few of the many direct clients all over the world that we have served over the past two decades.
frequently asked questions
We have collected a few questions that might help you in your search for the language provider that ibest fits your needs. Please feel free to drop us a line for more details before placing your project.
It depends entirely on the project but, as a general rule, the more information you can provide the better we will be able to meet your requirements with respect to content, terminology, and tenor, etc. A few things you might wish to consider:
Who is the target audience?
- Who are the intended recipients of the final text, e.g., general readers, legal professionals, medical professionals, patients, financial consultants, or accountants, etc.?
- What is the target country (e.g. United States, Canada, EU, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Iceland,, or Norway)?
- What is the nature of the text? For example, statutory/regulatory reporting (annual/interim financial report; medical trial protocol or documentation; SPC/PIL), lease, general contract, tender/procurement documentation, litigation/discovery materials, complaints, subpoenas, company policies, or articles of association, etc.
- What is the text's end use? For example, court submission, for general information, general discovery, government agency submission, marketing, patent submission.
- Is stylistic adaptation permissible? In other words, do you want us to adapt metaphors, speech, and adages? May we propose rewriting of copy to situate the text properly.
Tollund, Inc. was founded in 1996 in New York. Over the past 20 years, we have served general businesses, law firms, other language service providers, and government agencies in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, and the United States but also businesses in Canada, Austria, Spain, the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Germany, Greece, and Israel.
Buyers of translations often compare apples with oranges and often choose the lowest-priced vendor. The language services industry depends almost exclusively on access to expertise. Many low-priced vendors machine-translate the work product in-house and then send it out for low-priced post-editing. This results in sub-par translations, which often have to be re-done from scratch. Most often, customers— including government agencies, educational institutions, and major law firms — do not realize the poor quality until they get feedback from their customers.. A bad translation is similar to poorly written copy; it affects your credibility, causes confusion, gets ignored by your customers, results in lost time. lost customers, lost profits, or simply end-users scratching their heads.
There are three major components that determine the price of a translation: file format, urgency, and complexity of the text. An example at one end might be “a 500-word Word document, with a turn-around of two days, with general correspondence”; at the other end, there is a “28,000 handwritten scanned-in organic chemistry.logbook with a turn-around time of three days.”
(1) Determine an approximate word count for your project.
(2) Determine how fast you need your translation.
(3) Scan in your document (or a representative excerpt) as a PDF file and send us the file.
There are several ways to do this. If your document is in e.g. Word, the status bar will display the word count. For more complicated word counts, you can just send us your files and we will provide you with an estimate of the word count for free.
We can translate almost any format and will retain the formatting of the original files. For desktop publishing (such as QuarkXPress, FrameMaker, or - more commonly these days - InDesign) or web-publishing formats (such as HTML/XHTML or XML). Just send us the original files and we will translate directly in those formats with no need to re-format the files.
We can translate straight in the source code with little need for post translation adaptation needed..
We work almost exclusively with businesses but do occasionally translate for private individuals. We do occasionally undertake pro bono work for humanitarian or arts organizations.
Yes, we will retain the original layout of your document. If your project requires special, proprietary fonts, we ask that you provide us with those.
We accept payment by check drawn on U.S. banks, by bank transfer, PayPal, Visa, American Express, or MasterCard.
We require payment on net 30-days terms, i.e. you will have 30 days to pay after receiving the translated document and receiving our invoice.
We have a policy of absolute pricing transparency. We guarantee that our final prices will never exceed our original quote, and If we exceed our mutually established delivery deadline, your project will be free..
We make every effort to reply within the hour 7 days a week.